Monday, April 6, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

I am so guilty of not doing this enough. All too often it's six o'clock and we don't know what's for dinner. My family is not vegetarian but we do eat quite a few veggie only meals because we love veggies so much. Tonight we're having Honey Glazed Dump Chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. If you're not familiar with "dump" recipes you can find some here: Dump Recipes I utilize a lot of recipe sources when I'm planning out my meals so I wanted to pass along a few of those. Of course a lot of people plan their weekly menus around the weekly flyers. Sometimes I do that, but most of the time I plan my menu around what we already have and then I supplement it with fresh produce from the weekly flyer. This way it keeps my stock constantly rotating and if I don't have time to get out to the store early in the week it's no big deal. I rarely get out early in the week:)

$5 Dinners is a very interesting site full of great meal plans and ideas and the owner also has a blog as well.

Eat The Seasons
is a website that shows you what fruits and veggies are in season. I think it's great to know this. Not only can you save money by sticking to what's in season, but you can also support local growers more often by knowing what you're part of the country is currently producing.

Vegetarian Recipes.....well that link is pretty self explanatory.

Recipezaar I love, love, love recipezaar. You can create a free account and store recipes you like in an online cookbook. If you opt for the paid subscription (I haven't but I do so want to) you can have multiple cookbooks. Given that my current cookbook has over 150 recipes already, this is a great feature. When you're searching for recipes there are just so many options to help you narrow down your choices. You can add or eliminate ingredients, choose your method of cooking, and so on. They also have a community feature which is great. I just love talking to other foodies out there:) Our most favorite recipes have come from this site.

Hillbilly Housewife This site is such a wealth of information. I could never do it justice. There are so many offerings. I highly recommend the newsletter. The recipe section is amazing. All of the recipes are very frugal and most are kid pleasers too. Our favorite is the Taco Style Lentils and Rice. You can really do a lot with such a versatile recipe. I hope you stop by and check this site out.

Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

0 comments:

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP